Sunday, May 13, 2012

Richardson, Texas At a Glance

Richardson on an evening ride


Kids Playing at a square at close to Gatalyn Park. Transit Oriented Developments are becoming more common in this area
A last minute end of weekend urge drove me to go out to Richardson and do a little bit of cycling photo-journalism.  I managed to get on my bike just as the sun was setting. Although this short article does not do full justice in relating my experience, it does capture some points of interest along the North Richardson bike trail system. I will have to continue reporting on Richardson as time allows, although I can truly say that this city is already becoming one of the safest and most bike friendliest city for cyclists in Texas and among other states as well. Here's a couple of snapshots that I took today before night fell and left me in darkness. Below is a similar route of the trail and bike lane system in Richardson.





Find more Bike Ride in Richardson, TX






Proof that there are dedicated bike lanes here as well.


2 comments:

  1. I live in Allen and commute to Richardson. I am thankful when I get south of Renner because things get much better for me on the road and off the road in Richardson...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your insight, Mike. I don't get a chance to ride as far North as Allen so it helps to get other commuters impressions who travel from there.

    ReplyDelete