Thursday, April 24, 2014

Exploring Downtown Mckinney

Art Ideas: Exploring Downtown Mckinney

The perfect picture, staged unintentionally for someone like me.

I have been dwelling on starting a new painting lately. My last painting came out really well and I was exploring the idea of combining all my passions into a masterpiece. While out on my bike ride today through Downtown Mckinney, I found some awesome ideas.

Downtown Mckinney has some interesting architectural sights combined with an industrial vibe. At the same time, it is a very clean space and not a whole lot goes on there after hours. It's a great place to stop and take pictures or relax in one of two coffee shops there. Here's a couple of random shots that attempt to capture the essence of this town.

Cadence Cyclery Bike Shop in Downtown Mckinney


Many restaurants have outdoor seating and Menu on display at the door.



The sign does a good job at describing it's surroundings, as well any elements who might be living here.

Boo!



I love this backdrop.
Some of the town's events include trade days and art shows. Every second Saturday of the month most businesses stay open late to cater to pedestrians. Next month there will be a bicycle race through the city, a competition known as Bike The Bricks. Mckinney is a cool destination for anyone living north of Dallas.


No comments:

Post a Comment